manuscripts must follow the 6th edition of APA style with the
exception of not including DOIs in the reference citations.
not use any footnotes or “acknowledgement” language.
- All manuscripts of empirical studies must contain only the following major headings:
Limitations & Future Research
manuscript may include subheadings, in proper APA style, as warranted and only
when beneficial to specific large information passages.
not use any additional headings, except the ones identified above, for
empirical studies (i.e., where data was collected). JEQR papers
without a thoughtful Limitations & Future Research section
will be returned for immediate revision.
Revisit your overall research design and qualitative research pursuits
in this section.
Authors must provide or a rationale for the number of
participants selected for the study. Likewise, the author must provide a justification
regarding how the number of participants gives credibility to the overall study
and its findings. For example, an author should explain why, say, 18 science
teachers was an optimum number of participants for multiple case study about
middle school science instruction for students with learning disabilities. For more information regarding this matter,
see the section regarding Increasing
Publication Likelihood in JEQR.
should not exceed 35 double-spaced pages (excluding references, abstract, and
title page). If your manuscript is longer, please contact the managing editor
well in advance of submission.
- All tables and figures are to be placed at the end of the manuscript, identifying approximately where in the document they should be located.
Insert Table 2 About Here
- Manuscripts will be reviewed by the journal's editors with an initial decision made regarding whether the manuscript will be routed for peer-review. The peer-reviewers will use the following rubric when evaluating the manuscript: Evaluation Rubric. The final decision regarding the article's publication, following blind peer-review, is made by the journal's managing editor.
- Normally, authors will be notified within four months of submission whether or not their manuscript is accepted for publication.
- The manuscript's title page must contain the following information for each author: name, institutional affiliation, rank and department (e.g., associate professor of education), and e-mail address.
- Following is a PDF sample copy of a manuscript in order to provide a sense of what the final product will look like when completed. Authors will receive a complimentary copy of the printed journal issue in which their publication appears as well as a PDF copy of the article for their own scholarship use and purposes.
- Submit manuscripts as a Word document attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Address all manuscript or publication questions to Dr. Nana Derby, the journal's managing editor, at this same e-mail address. Other inquiries regarding the journal may be sent to Dr. Michael Firmin, the journal's executive editor, at email@example.com.
- Some stylistic tips and helps regarding for what the editorial team appraises in quality manuscripts is located at the following website page: JEQR Publication. Following these guides will substantially increase the chances of the manuscript's acceptance for publication.
- Submission to JEQR assumes the manuscript has not been previously published elsewhere nor is under consideration by any other journal.